Last week I spent the week in LA visiting family. LA is easily one of my favourite cities to visit. Yes it’s big and loud, but it has the absolute best healthy food scene. I love discovering healthy restaurants, cafes, juice bars and coffee shops while I’m there.
On this most recent trip, I spent most of my days walking with my sister, exploring the city. We actually spent 3 hours walking from the border of Beverly Hills all the way to the Grove. We walked along 3rd street because it’s filled with interesting shops, restaurants and even artwork to discover. It’s incredible how much there is to see if you just walk for a bit. We had a delicious lunch that day at Le Pain Quotidien which was right at the beginning of our walk. Le Pain Quotidien has a few locations and is known for their simple yet delicious food. One of the perks of Le Pain Quotidien is they do their best to use as many organic ingredients as possible. This doesn’t usually happen to me, but I had the hardest time choosing what I wanted to order, everything looked equally as appealing and delicious!
Since we couldn’t eat at every restaurant we passed by, I’ve also included some of the other places along our way that we didn’t get to stop at, but would recommend if you’re looking for a good bite while in LA!
- Joan’s on Third for a marketplace vibe. Perfect if you’re in the mood for salads and sandwiches
- Toast for a delicious lunch or brunch! They also have a bakery full of delicious treats. (They make awesome cupcakes!)
- Kreation for fresh pressed juices and smoothies
- Mercado if you’re looking Mexican (more of a dinner spot than lunch or brunch)
- Sweetgreen for salads and bowls
- Joe and the Juice for a quick smoothie, coffee or juice
Honestly, this is only a small list of what 3rd street has to offer. My advice? Go early, walk around, and pick anywhere that looks good, because it probably will be!